A DESPERATE PLEA


April 24th to April 30th is celebrated as World Immunization Week. Immunization saves so many lives every year and is among world’s most cost-effective health interventions. Yet, there are still nearly 20 million un-vaccinated and under-vaccinated children in the world today! The theme of this year’s campaign is "Protected Together: Vaccines Work!" , and the campaign will celebrate Vaccine Heroes from around the world – from parents and community members to health workers and innovators – who help ensure we are all protected, at all ages, through the power of vaccines. Here is my small contribution to this great worldwide program. It may be a drop in the ocean, but many drops  can create an ocean! 



A DESPERATE PLEA


Attacked and invaded; my tiny body fails,
Paralyzed and choked; my skin pales,
I accept defeat; no more can I run,
Goodbye Grandpa, Diphtheria has won!


I wish I could, just fulfill my dream,
Climb up the hills; enjoy a swim;
Here bound to my bed; my thoughts so lame,
It`s not fair Grandma, that polio killed my dream.


Spots and dots, red skin so bright,
My eyes water; my fever gives fright,
I can`t breathe Daddy, my lungs give way
Measles erased my future, but I wish I could stay.


Born two days ago; still too early to go,
My body contorts; the pain too great a woe;
Tetanus is raging; my time is due,
Mommy all I want, is to grow up with you.


Just a shot Mommy, just a drop Daddy,
Why so stubborn Grandpa? Why did you stop it Grandma?
I lost my prospects, I lost my future,
Why did you believe, this anti-vaxx culture?


Please listen to my plea, let there be no other,
Vaccinate my sister, Immunize my brother,
Protect every child, Shield every life,
Give a bright future, and fight to end this rife!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LANGUAGE – FOR LOVE OR HATRED?